Revision Date: June 4, 2018
1. Personal Information
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through forms available on this Site.
2. Information Collection & Use
The Company collects Personal Information from you through the Site to allow us to provide the Services that will most likely meet your needs and preferences. We only collect Personal Information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site and “opt-out” from providing us with any Personal Information. Once you agree to provide us with Personal Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular feature or service.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
We may track certain information based upon your behavior on the Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand our customers. This information may include, but may not be limited to, the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect and retain such information in a file specific to you.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of visiting our Site, or requesting further contact or services from us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
3. Use of Your Personal Information
You agree that we may use your Personal Information, including your email address, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Company usage, to improve the Site, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor them to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe, and customized experience while using the Site.
4. Communications from Company
We may occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each such communication or by contacting us.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if access to our products is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email or text message. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, please do not submit your Personal Information through this Site.
5. Information Sharing and Disclosure
As a matter of policy, we do not sell, rent, or share any of your Personal Information, including your email address, to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, the following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services and products to customers:
- Purpose: We may disclose your Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Buyers or Successors: To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Tallwave’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Tallwave about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- Legal Requests: Company cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you, other users, and the Company from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, username history, and fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or report suspected illegal activity.
- Other Disclosures: We may also disclose your Personal Information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tallwave, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Due to the existing regulatory environment, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other Personal Information will never be di